SUSTAINABILTY & RESPONSIBILITY
Considered by design
We know the fashion industry is responsible for significant carbon emissions, water pollution, and waste, with the textile industry alone responsible for 10% of global carbon emissions.
Our commitment is to make the lowest impact choices we can wherever possible. This means thinking responsibly about how we design our range, what materials and packaging we use, how we manufacture, and who we partner with to do this.
FABRICS & MATERIALS
Our laces are made from 84-86% pre-consumer recycled nylon. The remaining 14-16% is made from synthetic elastane, also known as spandex.
Our lace is OEKO-TEX® STANDARD 100 and Global Recycled Standard (GRS) certified.
Lenzing Modal is a super soft, microbial fabric made with the pulp of beechwood trees.
Lenzing Modal is:
- OEKO-TEX® STANDARD 100 certified,
- FSC® (FSC-C041246) and PEFC (PEFC/06-33-92) certified to ensure that the wood for fibers from Lenzing are derived from sustainable sources, and
- TÜV AUSTRIA certified to be biodegradable.
Whilst we’re committed to reducing the amount of synthetic elastane in our garments, we’re also committed to delivering to our high performance standards. This is why both our bras and briefs have between 12 to 16% spandex in them.
Until we can be sure that the sustainable alternative won’t compromise these standards, this is the best composition for our product.
Used conservatively in only our bralette design, our mesh composes 87% synthetic nylon and 13% elastane.
HARDWARE & STRAPPING
All our hardware is brushed gold alloy zinc.
Our strapping elastic is 78.4% nylon and 21.6% spandex.
We’ve taken a minimalist approach to packaging with all our paper based materials curbside recyclable.
Our future focus for materials is to:
- Reduce the amount of synthetic elastane (spandex) used in our bras and briefs
- Move from pre-consumer recycled nylon to post-consumer recycled nylon
- Continue to explore options to move away from nylon entirely and look at more regenerative materials
- Move to recycled nylon options in our mesh and strapping
- Move to FSC paper and card materials in our packaging